Hbc, the Largest Canadian General Merchandiser, Gains Visibility Into Inbound Merchandise and Saves Millions
Client Profile & Industry
Hbc is Canada's largest diversified general merchandise retailer with over 600 retail locations and nearly 60,000 associates located in every province in Canada.
Business Problems & Challenges
Retail operation was negatively affected due to limited visibility into merchandise inbound to seven national DCs, minimal dock-door and DC level planning & execution capabilities, a compliance-management program that often did not work, and overall poor quality data.
Hbc relied on QLogitek's SaaS Inbound Management System to manage inbound logistics, dock-door scheduling and to manage compliance of 3PL and other carrier partners.
Results & Benefits
- 75% reduction in DC appointment scheduling staff of resulting in $2million year-over-year savings
- Appointments that took 3-5 days to confirm and book now take 3 seconds
- Appointment cancellation rates have fallen from 12% to 3%
- Complete visibility into real time merchandise arrival information
- From thought to finish the entire process took only 6 months