Integration-as-a-Service (IaaS) Success Story: Supplier Integration with SAP Enhances Visibility
Client Profile & Industry
The client is the one of the largest and most innovative designer, manufacturer, and marketer of wireless solutions for the worldwide mobile communications market. They source from a diverse and large vendor base across the globe and sell their devices through a vast network of wireless carrier partners.
Business Problems & Challenges
The client wanted better supply chain visibility and integration of their supplier community to their SAP Enterprise Resource Planning system (ERP).
A multi-tiered solution was implemented.QLogitek enabled an Integration-as-a-Service (IaaS) middleware solution for trading partner integration.In addition an sFTP integration layer was used to connect the external supply chain to the SAP ERP system.
Results & Benefits
- Lowest total cost of ownership (TCO) scenario for supplier integration.
- Integrated and brought 40 suppliers onboard with up to 5 document sets.
- Achieved visibility into supply side activities and increased throughput.
- Reduced time-to-market for new product launch.
- Reduced PO-to-Product cycle time by more than half.